Repairing pot-metal
James
2023-12-03 05:08:04 UTC
Mike,
You can either TIG it or use a special solder. Quite a few available.
A good one (that what I've heard) - 3-in-One by Alladin. Shop around,
you can also call my colleague from US Alloy or us at MG 800-558-8524.
Michael
On Sat, 04 Dec 1999 21:51:51 -0500, Ted Edwards
Once I tried to repair pot-metal, and ended up with a pot-metal puddle. I
now need to try again, and this time I really need to succeed.
I've had success TIGing it. AC, Zirconated tungsten, Al technique.
Ted
If you're looking for a peranent repair, don't attempt to use glue or even solder. You will only make matters worse! Check out James Ruther's Pot metal welding and resculpting at: https://potmetal.repair Anything made of pot metal and or spelter can be restored to it's pre-damaged condition, guaranteed!
James
2023-12-03 05:09:21 UTC
If you're looking for a permanent repair, don't attempt to use glue or even solder. You will only make matters worse! Check out James Ruther's Pot metal welding and resculpting at: https://potmetal.repair Anything made of pot metal and or spelter can be restored to it's pre-damaged condition, guaranteed!