gasoline cutting torch
Terry Kangas
2007-06-29 03:08:52 UTC
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built
!!

Terry
SteveB
2007-06-29 05:20:17 UTC
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built
!!
Terry
I can say two things:

I have heard of them.

I have never seen or used one of them.

I'll wait for comments from people with actual experience.

Does sound like one MOFO of a cutting torch, though, doesn't it? I have
seen a "burning bar" in action, and those are awesome.

Steve

Steve
Bob F
2007-06-29 04:23:38 UTC
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen
even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built
!!
Google it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gasoline%2Foxygen++cutting+torch

Bob
SteveB
2007-06-29 06:15:57 UTC
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built
!!
I am working on just such a blaster, but for gophers. Can you tell me what
sort of problems you had? I know they're dangerous. I've worked with
underwater explosives and understand that there is a risk in anything
explosive, no matter how careful you are.

Steve
Wudsracer

http://www.rodenator.com/
helenxu96
2010-06-03 08:15:27 UTC
helenxu96 had written this in response to
http://rittercnc.com/welding/Re-gasoline-cutting-torch-1849-.htm :

Helne Xu
-------------------------------------
Post by Bob F
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen
even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that
built
!!
Google it.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gasoline%2Foxygen++cutting+torch
Bob
I learned this kind of cutting torch from www.petroltorch.com. It says
that it can save fuel cost 80-90% for metal cutting job. I don't know it
is true or not.

Delivered via http://www.rittercnc.com
Metalworking Forum
sci.engr.joining.welding - 14111 messages and counting
EIsmith
2010-06-03 11:19:54 UTC
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen
even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that
built
!!
We have a Petrogen gasoline/o2 torch at my fire dept on the heavy rescue
truck. I've got no hands on time but I'm told it cuts well but needs to be
cleaned often. As I understand it guys that have no other cutting torch
expearence like it, guys that have used acetylene / propane / O2 are not
that impressed. The appeal for the fire service is the fuel, we already
carry gasoline for saws and generators.

AndrewV
TinLizziedl
2010-06-03 19:28:53 UTC
Post by helenxu96
helenxu96 had written this in response to
Wow! I just watched the sales video on the Petrogen site, and it looks
pretty impressive. Much cheaper and easier to fill, since you can just
skip down to your local gasoline carrying mini-mart.

Interesting, and thank you for brining it up!
--
Tin Lizzie
"Elephant: A mouse built to government specifications."-Lazarus Long
Steve B
2010-06-21 05:14:33 UTC
Post by TinLizziedl
Post by helenxu96
helenxu96 had written this in response to
Wow! I just watched the sales video on the Petrogen site, and it looks
pretty impressive. Much cheaper and easier to fill, since you can just
skip down to your local gasoline carrying mini-mart.
Interesting, and thank you for brining it up!
--
Tin Lizzie
"Elephant: A mouse built to government specifications."-Lazarus Long
Gas is gas. Sooner or later, there's going to be some sort of fire. How
big a fire is the only question. I have heard of these, but never seen one.
But when I hear the word "gasoline", my eyebrows raise a little bit, and I'm
put at a higher level of alertness. Too many things can happen with gas,
and they're all potentially bad. Acet and propane also are pretty volatile,
but I think I am more cautious about gas than those.

Just me.

Steve

Steve
Vedran Preseèki
2007-06-29 08:33:17 UTC
Look www.opetrol.com/product.html

it is cheap so You can test it by Yourself.
jp2express
2007-06-29 13:48:59 UTC
Jesus damn! So, are these for cutting massive hunks of steel? Most of my
work is on 16-gauge to 1/4-inch. Looks like overkill for me.
Vedran Preseèki
2007-06-29 19:00:31 UTC
I think that it should be tryed...
Camilo Ramos
2007-06-29 22:04:27 UTC
Post by Vedran Preseèki
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I
built !!
Terry
Look www.opetrol.com/product.html
it is cheap so You can test it by Yourself.
Just that I get enlightened, what is the actual diff between "European style"
and "Asian style" cutting torch?

Regards,

Camilo Ramos
RoyJ
Camilo Ramos
Martin H. Eastburn
2007-06-30 02:44:33 UTC
Sounds like a blow torch!

Forced O2.

I have seen diesel oxygen - that is bad - used to torch rocks...
Shatter surfaces.

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/
"jroncallo" <"jroncallo"@snet.net>
2007-06-30 17:06:24 UTC
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built
!!
Terry
I will be impressed when they come out with a Gasoline/compressed air
cutting torch. In the mean time I will just drool over plasma cutters.

John Roncallo
Ernie Leimkuhler
2007-07-01 06:35:17 UTC
Post by Terry Kangas
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with
says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even.
Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole blaster that I built
!!
Terry
The one I have seen demoed is called a Petrogen torch.
No real advantage over propane if you have propane available.

The gasoline is pressurized to 15 psi, using an air compressor..
No more dangerous than a tank of liquid propane.
Martin H. Eastburn
2007-08-29 01:16:15 UTC
Now our user names are being hijacked.

Here is the org statement on the full header...

for Aloysius the parliament's mild, up me it's redundant, whereas with respect
to you it's catching tory

Strange Org.

Someone is playing around with scrip files and generating spam.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/
dose of urine therapy and
a good diet. Also, never allow yourself to become consistently
exhausted or overtired. Consistent proper rest is much more crucial to
health than most people realize. And once you have recovered fit>m a
majorillness, you must be extremely vigilant in getting abundant rest
and relaxation. I have seen many instances in which people completely
cure them-selves of even 'incurable' diseases through urine therapy
and natural healing and remain well far a number of years, only to
completely undo all the good they've accomplished by over-confidently
pushing themselves to extremes in their work or recreation. One of the
saddest examples of this error that I know of was the case of a young,
bright, determined AIDS patient who had completely cured himself of
all visible and clinical evidence of the disease, but subse-quently
consistently and relentlessly overworked at his demanding corporate
job. Eventually, he fell ill, relapsed and was not able to recover.
However, in another case, a person who had recovered from a
seriousillness experienced a relapse from overexertion, but complete
rest and intense urine therapy led to an excellent recovery. But why
put your-self through that ordeal and risk the chance of seriously
undermining your body's hard-won repair work?
Assiduous urine therapy can give you such renewed vigor and energy,
that it's easy to become overconfident and overdo, which, is not
paul
2023-05-06 16:45:04 UTC
This is an old post I stumbled upon but oxy gasoline and oxy diesel cutting are tested and proven systems safer than acetylene, more powerful and way cheaper to operate. Checkout the Australian company at www.davco.bi
--
For full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/welding/gasoline-cutting-torch-1847-.htm